Advanced Hair Studio
- Advanced Hair Studio Pty Ltd ACN 005 245 143
- Advanced Hair Studio (Franchising) Pty Ltd ACN 006 236 166
- Advanced Hair Studio of Australia Pty Ltd ACN 005 784 298
(together and separately (as applicable), AHS, we, us, our).
AHS understands that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure.
1. What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to provide the service, product or information you have requested from us.
In the course of providing you with products and services, AHS collects personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly, including by using cookies on our Website.
In some cases, however, we will collect information about you from a third party, including from our franchisees that operate Advanced Hair Studio retail outlets and third party consultants in relation to the assessment of hair loss. If you receive goods or services from us under a finance arrangement, we may also collect personal information about you from the finance provider, which includes Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
AHS may collect personal information about you when you:
- are a recipient of our products or services, including through face to face or phone meetings with you, when our third party
- consultants provide us with information about their assessment of your hair loss when you complete a Minoxidil request
- form online, or when you complete any other information sheet or form;
- visit our website, www.advancedhair.com.au (Website);
- make an enquiry about our products and/or services, either directly to us, or through a franchisee;
- become a customer or debtor of AHS;
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- acquire goods or services through our Website or otherwise;
- supply goods or services to us; and
- apply and/or enter into an agreement to become a franchisee of AHS.
In general, you can assume that we may collect and hold the following personal information about you:
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you; and
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries.
If you are a customer participating in, or enquiring about participating in an AHS program or procedure, we may also collect your date of birth, take a photograph of your head and scalp and collect health information about you, including in relation to medication, previous medical conditions or problems, and the ongoing condition of your scalp and hair.
If you receive goods or services from us under a finance arrangement, we may also collect proof of identity documents from you (such as a copy of a bank statement, payslip or power bill), which we collect on behalf of the finance provider, which includes Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
For each visitor to our Website, we may also collect the following non-personally identifiable information:
- browser type, version and language;
- operating system;
- pages viewed while browsing the Website; and
- page access times and referring website address.
3. Purpose of collection
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you primarily to:
- provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us;
- provide you with information about AHS’ products and services;
- suggest AHS products and services to you; and
- manage our relationship with you.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would collect, hold use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also collect, hold use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our client service and relationships;
- promote, advertise and market any of our products and services, including to invite you to seminars or events hosted by AHS;
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients and enforce our agreements with third parties such as your employer; and
- inform you of developments at AHS and other products or services that we can provide.
We may use information collected through our Website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Website.
Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of the above and any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
4. Sharing of your personal information
As well as our franchisees, we may also disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include file storage service providers, database providers; couriers and/or freight service providers, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision));
- third party consultants who assist us in assessing hair loss; and
- our professional advisors and agents.
If you receive goods or services from us under a finance arrangement, we may also disclose personal information about you to the finance provider, which includes Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us in providing the best possible service to you.
Each company in the AHS group of associated companies may also disclose your personal information to other companies within the AHS group of associated companies (which are listed above).
Those companies will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to AHS or to you. AHS takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We are not likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
5. Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date.
6. Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example:
- our offices are securely locked after hours;
- all computers have password protection;
- our offices are monitored with a 24-hour security system; and
- our Website and servers are protected by a firewall.
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
9. Change in control of AHS
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of AHS, our assets, or our business to another organisation (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is collected by AHS may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below.
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome.
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
11. Contacting us
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
Telephone + 61 3 9662 3011
Email [email protected]
Post Attn: Privacy Officer
15-17 Lansdowne Street, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002